Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence

When most people think of domestic violence, they think of spousal abuse. However, domestic violence charges can also involve family members, roommates, ex-girlfriends and ex-boyfriends and others who are in a domestic relationship.

If you have been charged with assault or battery against a member of your family or household, you are facing a domestic violence charge. You should contact a domestic violence lawyer or domestic assault lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights in a system that can deprive you of your freedom before you are even convicted.

At Karnes Legal Services, we understand the effect an accusation of domestic violence can have on your job and your life. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and your options. If you have been arrested for domestic violence, the court may issue a restraining or no-contact order.

As a result, you will be prevented from contacting your spouse and your children, or even going near your home or your spouse’s place of employment. You will also be prevented from owning guns and you will be ordered to turn in any guns you own.

Restraining or protection orders are intended to protect domestic violence victims from physical violence, stalking and harassment. They are important tools for protecting people. However, they are not always necessary or appropriate.

We can seek to have the order removed by showing the court that it is not needed. However, you should not attempt to contact the victim yourself, as you could be jailed and charged with an additional crime for violating the no-contact order.

Only your lawyer should attempt to negotiate with the victim. If you are convicted of domestic violence, it can affect your job, your family life and your freedom. It can also be used against you in a divorce or child custody dispute.

To speak to one of our legal professionals who is dedicated to communicating with you, is sensitive to your needs and is an effective and skilled advocate, contact the law firm of Karnes Legal Services, at 731-668-9529. Or, if you prefer, send us an e-mail using our secure online form. We accept all major credit cards.

1 Comment

  1. I would like to talk to someone that can handle this case for me. My daughter left here move to Atlanta with no money and she call me ask me to let borrow 1300.00 so she can pay for a room because had a job interview. Then she talk her sick sister that have lupus to move there with her.Then after 5 months she took her to court for her baby.She had it where i could not get in the court to defend myself to get my grand baby to Tn. She had it plan to move to Atlanta to take my grand baby but we did not see it coming. Now she all on Social Media like Facebook and YouTube telling a lots of lies.She writing book that will be coming out in Nov of this year. When i found out about it i ask to stop doing is to me. She having a conference here next month for the book.I cant sleep thinking about how she keep doing me. So if anyone can help me i want to sue her for false statement,scandalize my name,defamation character,slander me, I’m tired sitting back and letting her keep doing this to me. Please someone help me or if you know anyone that can help me.

Leave a reply